Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Afternoon Tea

Last Saturday afternoon, I threw an afternoon party for about forty guests, which it seems is now becoming an annual event. It was a nice way to celebrate the end of my second year of law school (and a good excuse to polish my silver collection). For beverages, there were Pimm's cups with strawberry and cucumber slices as well as "Logan Circle Iced Tea," which was sweet tea vodka and mint lemonade (the only actual "tea" in sight). As seen above, the table featured pink peonies, bright green tennis balls, and pink & green penny candy. For food, I served smoked salmon tea sandwiches ...

Ina's roasted chicken salad on crackers ... (probably the biggest hit of the party -- and remarkably simple to make!)

Palmiers (store bought) and homemade lemon bars ...

Crudité and green herb dip ...

More peonies ...

And simple pink roses. All in all, it was a smashing party, and I had just as much fun planning as I did celebrating.

2 comments: