Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spectator Chic

Can't get over this inimitably chic photo of Jorie Butler Kent (of Abercrombie & Kent fame) and her son, shot by legendary society photographer Slim Aarons. You've probably seen it before. It's notable/beautiful/inspiring for any number of reasons, and has spawned a few similar shots.

Oddly enough, it got me thinking specifically about the director's chair as a spectator seat. I kind of despise those plastic and nylon camp chairs, and I think a folding director's chair provides a stylish solution for a spring/summer/fall outdoor sporting event. Sure, they might take a little more work, but I can't see Slim snapping a pic of anyone in one of these contraptions.

Instead, I'm picking up a pair of these to throw in the back of the car.

1 comment:

  1. Jorie Butler did not have a Son. She has 1 daughter named Reute.

    ReplyDelete